Job Title: Senior Customer Service Executive
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Our office is based in West Wickham, BR4 0PU (above Boots)
Why you exist
Your role is to ensure that our customers receive a prompt, efficient and high-quality service for all of their update requests – then as a by-product of this exceptional service, to exceed budget for the ad hoc revenue line.
Our clients mean everything to us, we make a genuine difference to their businesses and when they make a request to us to make a change to their website then we must react to this by firstly truly understanding their needs and then making sure that our development team action the request rapidly.
You will have a keen eye for visuals, have a meticulous eye for detail, perfect English grammar and be exceptionally well organised.
We have a ‘phone first, email second’ standard, so it’s important that you are happy to communicate in this manner plus we expect you to find ways to offer value to our clients so that every single experience is one that is memorable for the right reasons.
This is a ‘doing’ role and whilst the detail below is high level, there will still be the requirement to do the updates requested by clients – Team efficiencies and time management are going to be important along with improving the customer service experience.
- Client satisfaction / Quality control – ensuring consistency of design when updates are requested and done so in a way that is within the client timescale expectations.
- People – work with colleagues to build a ‘team’ in updates.
- Pricing control – develop the pricing matrix so that is profitable and allows for revenue growth.
- Financials – liaise with the finance department to ensure swift invoicing for work completed.
- Capacity control – to maintain quality; ensure that we manage capacity via process efficiency reviews.
- Sales – provide sales with ‘opportunities’ each month for them to sell and fill your capacity.
- Content – create content (and also work with freelancers) to ensure we meet our obligations each month for content.
- Processes – implement systems and processes to ensure we work in the most efficient manner possible. One in particular being a ticketing system.
- Performance – track your own performance against budget and identify how to exceed this in a profitable manner.
What you will be doing
- Responding to email requests – often phoning to clarify our understating.
- Co-ordinating customer website change requests with our development team
- Quality checking amendments to ensure that our high standards are maintained.
- Reacting to customer issues instantaneously and owning the issue through to resolution.
- Proactively contacting our clients with requests to make updates.
- Communicating with all clients each month by sharing content that will benefit them in their business.
- Ensuring that customers have a positive experience.
- Ensuring customers are retained by Make Me Local and expectations are exceeded.
- Understanding how best to contact individual customers, preferring to phone rather than email.
- Creating content / liaising with copywriters to co-ordinate monthly blogs to be written, approved and published for our customers.
- Exceeding customer expectations in the delivery of our product
- Identifying and prioritising own tasks / delegating appropriate tasks in an efficient manner.
- Maintaining our CRM systems, Insightly & Sharepoint
- Using project management software, Trello, to track the progress of updates.
- To build strong on-going relationships with customers and be the first point of contact for Make Me Local
Who you are
- Ability to develop strong rapport with varying types of customers.
- Passionate about providing exceptional customer service
- Articulate and personable
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise.
- Ability to work effectively to deadlines.
- Self-motivated, organised and accountable
- Extremely process driven with a strong drive for results
- Works in a well ordered and methodical manner
- To have an active interest in the web development industry
- Strong understanding of the purpose of a website
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative.
- A creative eye for digital branding would be desirable
What you hopefully will have done
- Working knowledge of the web industry, either Corporate or SME
- A good understanding of SEO and digital marketing
Please submit your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 2nd June.