We think it is safe to say that 2020 has not been a year that any of us will look back on with undiluted pleasure and we want to make sure that the new year kicks off with an injection of much needed positivity, and for one local, start-up business in particular, we want to ensure it is life changing.
Being a start-up is daunting, yet exciting. How do we know? Because this time seven years ago we were in exactly that position. In December 2013, our Managing Director, Nathan Kelsey took a leap of courage and agreed to build a website for Make Me Local’s first ever customer, JKC Nails & Beauty, and the rest, they say, is history. Today, we are a thriving business with a gifted team of locally based employees and amazing customers – and we want to help one local business achieve their goals in 2021.
How are we going to do it? There are so many things to do to get a company off on the right footing – one of these is a high-quality website that is your online shop window. In short, a winning website means a winning business and that is where we come in:
We are going to give one local start-up a website for FREE.
Our gift to one Bromley based start-up business will consist of:
- A 5 page, completely bespoke website.
- All website content written for you.
- 2-hour professional photoshoot (in Bromley).
- Free hosting for 1 year, 50% lifetime discount.
- A .co.uk domain name supplied for life.
How do you enter?
Firstly, you need to:
- Be based in the London Borough of Bromley.
- Have a business that started trading after July 1st, 2020 or is going to start trading before March 31st, 2021.
Then, on our Facebook page comment on our post with:
- Your business name and the service you offer.
- Where your business is based.
- The reason why you are the business we should choose.
You can comment with a regular post or you can record a video of yourself telling us the reason why we should choose you.
When is the deadline?
This competition runs until 23.59 on Sunday 20th December 2020.
How will you choose the winner?
As a team, on our weekly Zoom call on Monday 21st December we are going to review all of the applications and pick one local business.
We are going to decide based on your story, as well as which business we know we will be able to generate new sales leads for. We are all romantics here, and our dream for this is to see a local business flourish so we will research SEO opportunities with the hope that this gift is much more than a website, we want it to be something that helps your business financially.
What is the catch?
There is no catch, it is our gift to one local start-up – these are the terms of entry and what happens afterwards:
- You have to be a start-up business that started trading after July 1st, 2020 or is going to start trading before March 31st, 2021 with a trading address in Bromley.
- Our gift is limited to a 5 page website, for reasons that we hope are self-explanatory.
- We will provide you with a domain name (if you do not have one), and we will pay for this for life for you.
- After 12 months the hosting cost will be £10+VAT per month – but you will own the website and at that stage you would be free to move it to your own hosting should you wish to.
- Email accounts are not included – we can recommend a local business to help set up Microsoft 365 email accounts if needed.
- Logo design / branding is not included – we will be able to recommend a local business to help you with this if required.
- Once the website is built, we will do minor changes for you in the first 12 months your website is live for free – if your business starts to grow and you want to add more pages we can do this, but at that point there will be a charge and our hourly rate is £50+VAT.
There you have it. The ultimate Christmas present that could really make 2021 a memorable year for your start-up. If you fit the criteria and want to get your Bromley business booming, then we want to hear from you. Remember, you only have until 23.59 on Sunday 20th December 2020 to comment on our Facebook post for your chance to win.
Good luck to all those entering. We cannot wait to read/watch your entries.