Job Title: Copywriter
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Bromley office, 1 mile from Bromley South train station
Job Title: Copywriter
Why you exist
The role of copywriter is a key position in our small team. Reporting directly to our Project Manager, you will be wholly responsible for the delivery of high-quality content that is both engaging and written using SEO best practice.
Working on multiple projects at any one time, you will be meeting with a broad range of clients who run owner-managed local businesses. Our clients need our help to create amazing content, ensuring that their websites perform as they need them to.
You will primarily be responsible for the delivery high-quality website copy for our clients, as well as copy for other platforms as required.
What you will be doing
- Writing content for clients and for us. This will primarily be website copy, and might also include blogs, newsletters, brochures and anything else the projects team requires.
- Writing targeted SEO copy for websites that helps pages to rank, usually for local search phrases.
- Creating engaging copy that is informative, reliable and written for an online audience.
- Helping clients achieve results from their online copy. The words you write will form an integral part of the user journey.
- Tailoring copy and tone of voice. You will need to adapt your style for each individual project depending on the purpose of the website and character of the business.
- Researching our clients’ industries and ensuring your content is both relevant and factually up to date.
- Understanding the target audience through needs-based questioning. You will meet clients face to face at project launch meetings and work to understand their businesses, their audience and what they want to achieve.
- Working with our Project Manager to ensure that the visual elements of a webpage complement the words and vice versa.
- Identifying fresh and interesting angles for your content.
- Editing your own work and other people’s writing.
- Being fully accountable for upholding our copywriting standards.
- Exceeding customer expectations in the delivery of our service.
- Identifying and prioritising your own tasks whilst delegating appropriate tasks in an efficient manner.
- Using our CRM system to record the progress you make on projects.
- Identifying and responding in a timely manner to any issues that may occur.
- Ensuring that customers have a positive experience at all times and their expectations are exceeded.
- Answering inbound client queries in a timely manner.
Who you are
- An excellent writer. You don’t necessarily need to have worked as a copywriter before – we will teach you what you need for the role – but you do need to be a skilled writer with a perfect grasp of grammar.
- Creative and imaginative. You will be an ideas person, able to think of new ways to make your copy stand out.
- Detail oriented. You will be able to adapt your writing style as appropriate, without every compromising on quality and accuracy.
- A people person. We work with local SMEs and you will be meeting our clients face to face. We want our Copywriter to be curious about our clients’ products or services and enjoy working collaboratively with them.
- Keen to give the best possible service. We take a client-focused approach and are always attuned to our clients’ needs. It’s important you share this vision.
- A team player. You will be able to see other people’s points of view and take feedback on board, as well as working to support the wider team.
- Self-motivated. You will be managing a busy workload, so we need you to be highly organised and able to meet deadlines.
What will make
you stand out
- An active interest in search engine optimisation.
- A desire to learn more about monitoring results using platforms such as Google Analytics and SEMrush.
- An understanding of and affinity with our values.
If you are interested, we would love to hear from you. Please can you email your CV and a covering note to or call 0800 772 0022 and ask to speak to Andrea